Staff Positions Available
Director of Faith Formation
Part Time (20-25 hrs/week), $15-20/hr (depending on Experience)
Good Shepherd is looking to hire a Director of Faith formation!
The role of the Director of Faith Formation will be to work with the pastor and other staff and volunteers to strengthen Christian faith in the congregation through education and activities grounded in community with people of all ages. The Director of Faith formation’s primary focus is the youth of our community. They will provide staff support to our Sunday School and Youth ministry programs, assist in teaching Confirmation and First Communion classes, coordinate our VBS program, and work collaboratively with pastor, staff, and volunteers to provide opportunities for the entire congregation to grow in faith. The Director of Faith Formation may have the opportunity to create new programs as time allows and will set regular goals and direction with the pastor. Demonstrated theological training or experience in faith formation is required. A successful candidate for this position needs to have excellent interpersonal skills, be a very good communicator, demonstrate strong organizational skills, be self motivated, creative and flexible.
- Provide spiritual support to education programs
- Collaborate with youth leadership volunteers to nurture an active youth program for children and families so that they can grow in faith and community
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School
- Assist the Pastor with the implementation of First Communion and Confirmation Programs
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator and Communication Coordinator in the execution of Youth and Christian Education events
- Be visible, communicate and engage with the congregation
- Provide quarterly reports to the church council and a year end report to the congregation
- Development and management of Faith Formation budget
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- A solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, Lutheran tradition, and a strong desire to nurture people
- Ability to create new programs
- Able to move freely in and around church premises
- Pleasant and respectful demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative, visionary, and colaborative
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.